Small Business Financial Management
Over 100,000 executives have mastered the numbers side of their jobs. Don’t let the fear of finance set you back. No matter how effective your management style or how innovative your ideas, your performance will be measured in dollars and cents. This seminar shows you the concepts, techniques and tools that can help you make each decision pay off.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Make informed decisions with a working knowledge of the numbers end of business
- Gain a new sense of confidence when dealing with financial professionals
- Understand the business dynamics of dollars and cents-and take initiatives that optimize results in line with short and long-term goals
- Take the guesswork out of your decision making and deliver the results you need
- Cultivate proactive working relationships and enhance your value
- Learn how to “think finance” and translate various measures of performance into financial terms.
- Basic accounting principles
- Accounting conventions and guidelines
- Key finance terms: assets, liabilities, capital, depreciation, capitalization, current ratio and others
- The accounting process: journals and ledgers, how debits and credits work
- Working rules regarding your corporate financial statements
- Balance sheet, assets and liabilities
- Analyze the income statement to assess revenues and expenses
- The statement of cash flow: sources and uses of funds
- Content and format of the annual report
- Debt vs. equity financing
- Profit-planning tools, break-even analysis, financial forecasting and budgetary controls
- Cash flow and how it’s applied
- Elements of cost accounting
- Analyze payback method, discounted cash flow, present value and present value index in making capital investment decisions
- Criteria for examining the performance of divisions and product lines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Non-financial managers in every functional area of responsibility, in all industry types, in both the public and private sectors.
EXTRA – Lunch (Catering) included.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS
July 11 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
January 27 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
December 2 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
December 6 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
DURATION: 1 day / 0.8 CEUs
COST: $450 / ANG-MCC Members $405; ANG-MCC Members save 10%.