Interpersonal skills have long been recognized as essential to professional success, and many a career has stalled, faltered, or fallen apart thanks to a lack of communication skills. So why is it that some people seem to have the gift and some don’t? A few may have been born with it, but most have practiced and learned from mistakes.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
During this highly interactive course, participants will identify their communication skills challenges, explore several models of communication, and discuss perception and its impact on understanding. We will also cover body language and other nonverbal cues, verbal communication, tone of voice, written communication, tactics for positioning messages, and strategies for dealing with miscommunication and misunderstanding.
During this seminar we will
– Explain why good communication skills are important.
– Pinpoint what makes such skills hard to master.
– Describe models of and methods for communication.
– Understand how preconceptions and limited perceptions interfere with communication.
– Define nonverbal communication.
– Rephrase blunt phrases to prevent offensiveness.
– Demonstrate the ability to craft professional email messages that are clear yet courteous.
– Develop an action plan to improve communication skills.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This interpersonal communication seminar is designed for those who want to hone their people skills and improve their ability to work with others.
EXTRA – Lunch (Catering) included.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS
February 18 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
May 4 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
September 23 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
October 20 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
DURATION: 1 day / 0.8 CEUs
COST: $450 / ANG-MCC Members $405; ANG-MCC Members save 10%.