Social Media for Nonprofits
This course introduces learners to the use of social media in communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising for nonprofits. It explores the major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest) as vehicles for nonprofits to reach their members, volunteers, and donors.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Social Media for Communication, Marketing, and Fundraising
- Social Media Platforms
- Engage Members and Donors
- Issues Surrounding Social Media
- Tools and Techniques
Discuss the importance of social media to nonprofits for communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising.
- Explain how social media can be used to better engage a nonprofit’s audience.
- Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
- Discuss the costs involved in social media.
- Explain the importance of establishing social media policies for your nonprofit.
- Discuss the measurement of social media effectiveness in communicating messages and in fundraising.
- Outline tools and techniques for successful social media use by a nonprofit.
- Apply your understanding of the social media environment to case studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone interested in learning how to market a nonprofit.
EXTRA – Lunch (Catering) included.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS
January 20 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
January 28 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
June 21 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
July 29 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
DURATION: 1 day / 0.8 CEUs
COST: $450 / ANG-MCC Members $405; ANG-MCC Members save 10%.