Executive Transitions: Crisis or Opportunity?
Succession planning is a critical component of nonprofit sustainability. A reported 67% of nonprofit executives plan to leave their positions in the next few years, yet only 17% of organizations have a succession plan in place. Because transitions are pivotal moments in an organizational life cycle, ANG-MCC offers workshops and customized trainings that focus on organizational sustainability and succession planning, board leadership and transition planning for long time leaders.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Assess their organization’s “transition readiness”
- Understand best practices and different components of succession planning
- Receive tools to increase organizational sustainability and transition readiness
- Identify priority areas of focus for organizational sustainability and begin action planning
- Understand and plan for board and staff roles in succession planning
- Have concrete steps to begin organizational sustainability and succession plan work
- Assessment of your organization’s transition readiness
- Best practices and tools to prepare for the transition
- Progress on addressing organizational vulnerabilities related to a transition
- Increased clarity on your personal steps to departure and plans for future
- Support and motivation to plan and implement thesteps necessary to leave
- Focused leadership related to your upcoming transition
- Groundwork laid for a succession plan
- Celebration of your legacy!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Organizational leaders (executive directors, staff and board members).
EXTRA – Lunch (Catering) included.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS
March 22 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
January 29 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
July 20 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
September 30 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
DURATION: 1 day / 0.8 CEUs
COST: $450 / ANG-MCC Members $405; ANG-MCC Members save 10%.