Succession Planning: Who Will Lead?
This workshop supports long-time leaders to prepare their organizations and themselves for their departure and ensure ongoing sustainability. Participants will engage in thoughtful and strategic discussions and exercises about leadership transitions, both personal and organizational. The program features discussions, individual coaching and an ongoing learning network of long time leaders.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Assessment of your organization’s “transition readiness”
- Best practices and tools to prepare for the transition
- Progress on addressing organizational vulnerabilities related to a transition
- Increased clarity on your personal steps to departure and plans for future
- Support and motivation to plan and implement the steps necessary to leave
- Focused leadership related to your upcoming transition
- Groundwork laid for a succession plan
- Celebration of your legacy!
Experience and research demonstrate that organizations that focus on maintaining effective leadership over time are more sustainable and impactful. Leadership succession planning enhances long-term sustainability of organizations and ensures continued relevance and mission effectiveness.
Having a succession plan helps to build the executive and board leadership capacity of the organization, reduces risks that may be associated with a leadership transition, and creates alignment between the leadership roles and the strategic priorities of the organization.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This seminar is designed for board leaders and executives who are interested in building organizational capacity, strengthening internal leadership, and developing emergency succession plans. You will get tools and resources for succession planning that minimize risks of transitions and builds organizational capacity.
EXTRA – Lunch (Catering) included.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATIONS
April 19 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
April 27 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
October 28 Broward College – Cypress Creek Center; 6400 N.W. 6th Way, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
October 21 8136 Old Keene Mill Road A-305, Springfield, VA 22152
DURATION: 1 day / 0.8 CEUs
COST: $450 / ANG-MCC Members $405; ANG-MCC Members save 10%.